State Botanical Garden of Georgia to potentially close

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by Daniel Mosquin, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

The State Botanical Garden of Georgia is on the chopping block. Via the Plant Conservation Alliance mailing-list:

Other cuts of note to horticulture / plants in the "summary of reductions" document (there are a few others, too):

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Pretty much impossible to respond to a report like this without making political comments.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Yes, I know. But people need to be aware. I suppose I could close the thread and leave it as information-only, but maybe the discussion will be civil.

4. Margaret

Margaret Active Member 10 Years

A timely wakeup call to all who value such institutions as the UBC Botanical Garden and this site.
    Margaret

5. terrestrial_man

terrestrial_man Active Member 10 Years

Glad I dropped by and saw this. I have linked over the Botanical Society of Georgia. Don't know if anything can be done to prevent this but if anyone there is able or has some ideas in mind then maybe they can accomplish a miracle??
    http://www.gabotsoc.org/

6. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years