Unhealthy Curry leaf plant leaves

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by nallursiva, Oct 16, 2005.

1. nallursiva

nallursiva New Member

I live in the uk and have a plant 2 feet high grown in a pot - kept outdoor in summer and brught indoor as getting colder. Recently the leves are curling. changing colour (yellow.sotty) unhealthy and dropping off. I THINK THEY ARE INFESTED . I could see some tiny insects at stems. Can you help.

Seeva

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

I have a Murraya paniculata which is a relative of the Curry Leaf, Murraya koenigii. It was successfully treated for scale using insecticidal soap which is also effective against spider mites and aphids - all frequently found on houseplants. (You didn't mention which bugs are involved.) The soot on your plant is caused by fungi feeding on the sap and excrement resulting from the infestation. See Brown Scale | UBC Botanical Garden Forums for treatment.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  3. currychef

currychef Member

These plants will show signs of mild shock when being moved into a new climate...such as when you move these plants in-doors following summer months. They tend to drop the bottom most leaves which first yellow and then fall off. The very top will remain healthy and green. If cared for properly, your tree will show signs of growth at the top and tips of branches in a few weeks.
    I mist my trees with plain tap water on a semi-regular basis. This inhibits pests from infesting my plants..and the trees love the humidity.
    This picture was taken about two weeks ago.....they have adjusted well to the change in climate. I have read all over the net not to fertilize murraya koenigii during winter months....I do, and have never had a problem. In fact they continue to grow through the very cold winters here in up-state NY.
    E-mail me if anyone is looking for ripe seeds or seedlings dsbdel@hotmail.com
    CurryChef

Attached Files:

4. currychef

currychef Member

Hi,
    Here are photos of my seedlings and seeds taken this morning 11/5/06.
    :o)
    CurryChef

Attached Files: