Acer shirasawanum 'Palmatifolium'

Discussion in 'Maple Photo Gallery' started by mjh1676, Jun 6, 2005.

1. mjh1676

mjh1676 Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

Here is a variety of Acer shirasawanum that has a pleasing green color and leaf shape that is more divided than many shirasawanums. While many is this group are slow growing, this tree is quite vigorous and relatively sun tolerant. While most of the season the leaf color is quite normal, fall color is a brilliant display of reds, oranges and yellows.

Attached Files:

2. Poetry to Burn

Poetry to Burn Active Member

Palmatifolium is a choice Shirasawanum.
    I got this plant from Mountain Maples about 7 years ago. I love the form, it's a sturdy plant. It's very distinctive in the spring leafing out, the flower buds are eye catching and it's elegantly green/crimson edges in summer. No problem with 6+ hrs of sun. In autumn coloration is sometimes beyond words.

gil

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  3. sasquatch

sasquatch Active Member

August 2007, October 2007

Attached Files:

4. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

One of my oldest and favorite. I love the fall colors! I think i will try to graft this one next year. I wouldn't mind having a few more around the property.

Attached Files:

AlainK likes this.
  5. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Now isn't there just a little a similarity to Mr Sun , a Shirasawanum or a palmatum ????
    Lovely specimen D. So many of us only have room for one of each, but the display that can be achieved with a few WOW.

6. LoverOfMaples

I can definitely see similarities D. I've always loved space due to me being a southern country boy. It just worked out perfectly for me once I got into gardening and growing things. Now I'm striving to create something like @emery.

7. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@LoverOfMaples, aren't we all D. But it seems our gardens just get smaller and smaller. Lol

8. LoverOfMaples